Picture fluffy pancakes, with a cinnamon-brown sugar swirl, and golden buttery exterior. Add a cream cheese drizzle…and I can guarantee these Egg-Free Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are not your average breakfast. During the week, breakfast is always the same few options-oatmeal, toast, yogurt, or cereal. All of these options have one thing in common-quick and easy. I’m usually flying out the door while Derek is getting the kids’ breakfast and lunches together. During the week, it’s always about survival, right?
Once the weekend hits, we slow life down, even if it’s just for breakfast. We try to choose foods we don’t normally get to enjoy during the week. Breakfast options usually include:
- Eggless French Toast
- Eggless Buttermilk Pancakes
- hash browns
- some kind of breakfast sausage, ham, or bacon
Basically, we try to pretend we are at a restaurant for breakfast, and pull out all the stops. This doesn’t happen every weekend, because hey, that’s life, but we try our best.
**Side note: Nora was really cute when I was recipe testing these pancakes. Grady and Nora were busy playing downstairs. Suddenly, I hear little footsteps coming up the stairs. I look over, and there’s Nora, nose in the air, sniffing away. When I told her what I was making, she was a little uncertain about trying my cinnamon roll pancakes. But any uncertainty quickly dissolved into giggles of joy as she happily chewed.
Tips and Tricks:
- To make these pancakes dairy-free, omit the cream cheese drizzle and use your favourite syrup! Substitute the milk with your favourite non-dairy milk. I love using coconut milk.
- Ensure your pan or griddle is preheated. The pancakes cook evenly on a hot pan.
- To prevent a big mess, make sure you allow the cinnamon drizzle to thicken before swirling on top of your pancakes. If you don’t wait long enough, the drizzle will be too thin and will run off the side of the pancake, creating a burnt mess on your frying pan.
- For the perfect drizzle use a piping bag or squeeze bottle. To ensure the bottle is easy to clean, do not let the cinnamon drizzle solidify in the bottle.
This site contains affiliate links.
As always, please like, share, and comment!
All the cinnamon and sugar taste of a cinnamon bun without all the work!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp melted margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
In a microwave-safe dish, melt margarine in the microwave.
Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
Whisk until combined.
Set aside to thicken.
Pre-heat frying pan or griddle on medium heat.
In a large bowl add milk and vinegar. Stir. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
In a microwave safe dish, melt the margarine on high for approximately 30 seconds.
Add the melted butter, sugar, and ground flax to the milk mixture. Whisk until combined.
Add flour and baking powder. Whisk until the flour is just combined.
Transfer the cinnamon drizzle into a piping bag or squeeze bottle.
Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the pancake batter and pour onto the preheated pan or griddle. Immediately swirl the cinnamon drizzle over your freshly poured pancake. Do not go too close to the edges.
Cook until bubbles begin to form and pop or the underside of the pancake is a golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook until the underside is a golden brown.
Drizzle with a cream cheese drizzle or your favourite syrup.
In a microwave safe dish, soften margarine and cream cheese in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. You don't want to overheat!
Stir cream cheese and margarine until smooth.
Add vanilla and icing sugar. With an electric mixer, beat on medium until smooth and creamy.